Why is it important to stay in touch? provide your team with effective methods for follow up with their customers.
Materials: Flip Chart, Open Mind
Time Needed: 25 – 30 minutes
Review – (4 Minutes)
• Ask the group about any successes they’ve had in the past week with making their deliveries positive for the customer. Discuss with group.
Introduction - (3 Minutes)
• With agreement from the group tell them that today’s meeting will be focused on how to improve & enhance their current follow up techniques.
Stress to the group that it costs 5 times more to get a new customer than to keep an existing one. Stay in touch.
Why is it Important to Stay In Touch? - (15 Minutes)
• Ask the group why a pleased customer is so important. “With discussion and agreement from the group list them on the flip chart”
• Supply referrals
• Repeat business
• Word of mouth advertising
• Increased profits
• Reinforce trust and confidence
Keys to Good Follow Up
• Ask the group what it takes to have an effective follow up system with new clients? With discussion and agreement from the group list the following on the flipchart
• Be Organized, “have a filing procedure either manually or computerized. Refer to it daily”
• Congratulations Letter, “send a congratulations letter the same day of delivery”
• Congratulations Call, “call your new client within 24hrs of delivery. Congratulate and thank them for their business”
• Referral Letter, “3 weeks following delivery asking more directly for names of people your customer might know that may be in the market”
Learning Point: Stay in touch with your clients and give them a reason to remember you!
Don’t be a nuisance but don’t be a ghost. 85% of customers cannot remember their salespersons name shortly after delivery of the new car.
Don’t fall into this category. The best salesperson for you is your most recent delivery!
Conclusion & Coaching Focus - (4 Minutes)
• Ask everyone to commit to doing a better job of quality follow up.
• Ask everyone to try the ideas that have been suggested in the meeting.
• Ask the staff to note any changes in their performance and referral numbers to be discussed next meeting.
• Encourage anyone that may have questions during the week to feel free to come to you to discuss them.
• Leave them with the following quote,
“Success is not where you start, but where you finish”
Automotivaters is highly recognized and one of the most respected automotive training and consulting companies in Canada. Since 1987, the company has acquired an international client base throughout Canada, the United States, the Philippines, Indonesia, French Polynesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and New Zealand.
See us at: www.automotivaters.com
Copyright © 2017 by ISI/PAL Automotivaters Inc. If you share this, print it out, or reproduce it in any way, please retain this copyright statement.