How can the team be more mentally prepared for each work day? Teach them tips for positive expectations, goal setting, visualization and committing to being mentally prepared.
Materials: Flip Chart, Open Mind
Time Needed: 15 –20 minutes
Review – (2 Minutes)
• Ask the group about any success they’ve had through setting definite goals. Discuss with group.
Introduction - (3 Minutes)
• Introduce the topic by asking everyone if they feel being mentally prepared to work is important.
• Tell the group that today’s meeting will be focused on ways to be better prepared to get the most out your workday.
Positive Expectations - (7 Minutes)
• Ask the group: “Would you agree that if you expect to win you often will?” With discussion and agreement from the group list the following tips for having positive expectations.
• Have a game plan, “know where you want to go and no how to get there”
• Never Loose Sight of Your Goals, “everything worth getting is worth working for”
• Begin with the end in mind!
• Use the power of visualization-Expect to win in advance. When that customer walks on the lot say to yourself: “Here is someone coming in to buy a car today”
Prepare to Win - (7 Minutes)
• Stress to the group that the way to succeed is simply to expect to succeed! “List the following tips on the flipchart
• Go the Extra Mile, “make your prospecting calls, do your follow-up, etc”
• Play the RIGHT movie in your head!
• Put forth the effort even when you don’t feel like it
Remember: In life, we don’t get what we deserve,
we get what we expect!
Conclusion & Coaching Focus - (5 Minutes)
• Ask everyone to commit to being prepared to come to work to work.
• Ask everyone to try the ideas that have been suggested in the meeting.
• Ask the staff to note any changes in their performance to be discussed during the next meeting.
• Encourage anyone that may have questions during the week to feel free to come to you to discuss them.
• Leave them with the following quote,
“They can because they think they can”
Automotivaters is highly recognized and one of the most respected automotive training and consulting companies in Canada. Since 1987, the company has acquired an international client base throughout Canada, the United States, the Philippines, Indonesia, French Polynesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and New Zealand.
See us at: www.automotivaters.com
Copyright © 2008 by ISI/PAL Automotivaters Inc.
Copyright © 2017 by ISI/PAL Automotivaters Inc. If you share this, print it out, or reproduce it in any way, please retain this copyright statement.