Learn how to increase the quality of Selection with the customer by asking the right questions during your interview stage with them.
Materials: Flip Chart, Open Mind.
Time Needed: 20-25 Minutes
Review (3 Minutes)
Ask the group about any successes they’ve had in the past week with their new interview techniques. Discuss with group.
Introduction - (5 Minutes)
• Introduce the topic by asking the group what their #1 Job is. Through discussion and agreement with the group write Selection on the flip chart. Express to them that selecting the proper vehicle the first time shows the customer you are concerned with what they’re after and are in tune with their wants and needs.
Through doing a good job of interviewing the customer, the selection of the vehicle should be easy.
Break-out – (10 - 15 Minutes)
• In small groups ask them to write down on a piece of paper what information they will need to get from the interview stage in order to make the right selection.
• Call the groups back and have one person from each group present aloud their ideas. On the flip chart list their ideas and discuss. Make sure they got:
• Type – i.e.2 Door, 4 Door, Wagon.
• Seating capacity.
• Choice of color.
• Important options – p/s, sunroof, etc.
• Customer needs and wants.
• Lifestyle – “work, family, hobbies”
The only way to make the proper selection is by asking lots and lots of questions.
Doing a good job during the interview stage shows the customer that you are professional and interested in their needs and wants.
Know your inventory – do a daily lot walk and the selection of the right vehicle will be made easier.
Conclusion & Coaching Focus - (5 Minutes)
• Remind the group that through quality interviewing they will dramatically increase their accuracy of selection.
• Ask the group to remember their #1 job is selection.
• Ask everyone to note any changes in their performance to be discussed during the next meeting.
• Leave them with the following quote,
“What would you do if you knew you could not fail?”
Automotivaters is highly recognized and one of the most respected automotive training and consulting companies in Canada. Since 1987, the company has acquired an international client base throughout Canada, the United States, the Philippines, Indonesia, French Polynesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and New Zealand.
See us at: www.automotivaters.com
Copyright © 2008 by ISI/PAL Automotivaters Inc.
Copyright © 2017 by ISI/PAL Automotivaters Inc. If you share this, print it out, or reproduce it in any way, please retain this copyright statement.