These managment modules are "bite sized" development programs designed to stand alone or taken as a series.
Modules are designed to be half-day programs for deployment at the car dealership or in a seminar environment.
Module 1 – Coaching Sales Performance 1
- How to manage time, priorities and delegation to free your time
- How to run an effective automotive sales team.
- Quick questions to manage the deal in process.
- How to make daily one on ones pay in higher performance.
- How to motivate and keep a winning team.
- How to get involved and close more deals.
Module 2 – Train the Trainer
- How to train new recruits.
- Developing your in-dealership training. Who and how often.
- How to deliver dynamic training meetings.
- How to train the buying cycle.
- Sales meetings – Housekeeping or Skill Development?
- Getting participation from veteran staff.
- Training the sales process non-negotiables.
Module 3 – Recruiting / Hiring / Selection
- Where are your future employees?
- How to build a winning team.
- How to hire to a standard. Making the TEAM.
- How to build an effective job description. Setting expectations during the interview process.
- Interview technique. Avoiding hiring mistakes.
- Selection / Aptitude testing tools.
- Pay plans that drive performance.
Module 4 – Coaching Sales Performance 2
- How to use the numbers to motivate.
- How to deal with performance issues
- The three R’s of sales management.
- How to coach different personality types
- Win/Win agreements
- How to get your team to embrace accountability.
Module 5 – Managing Effort NOT Results
- What are the functions and accountability of a sales manager?
- How to measure traffic and opportunities
- How to use tracking for accountability
- High performance goal setting.
- How to make performance appraisals powerful and positive.
- How to be an Architect Not an Accountant
Module 6 – Internet Sales Strategy
- Understanding the Internet shopping process.
- How to develop a dealership Internet marketing strategy.
- How to manage an Internet department.
- Do we need to use 3rd party lead generating companies?
- How to separate shoppers from buyers.
- How to set up dealership staff and equipment resources.
- Winning strategies that are working today!
Module 7 – Used Vehicle Management - 1
- Inventory management for maximum profit.
- Measuring inventory effectiveness.
- Inventory mix / turn / reconditioning strategies.
- Inter-department cooperation/ structure / strategy
- How to use traffic analysis to maximize results.
- Appraisal strategies. Getting it in right.
- Using first request analysis to increase turns.
- Identification of common problems and how to fix them.
Module 8 – Used Vehicle Management - 2
- Used vehicle retailing.
- How to get your head out of wholesale.
- Understanding the used vehicle buyer.
- Pricing and mix strategies.
- Retail marketing tools and resources.
- How to fix recurring volume / gross / wholesale loss problems.
- Used vehicle department non-negotiables.
Module 9 – The Art and Science of Desking the Deal
- Changing the environment from Negative to Positive.
- Offers or First Serve? Structuring for profit and CSI.
- Managing the deal in process. Avoiding the “ping pong”.
- Sales consultant coaching on the fly.
- Control questions to help the sales consultant.
- High client satisfaction transactions.
- Management involvement. How and when?
Module 10 – Inter-department Team Building
- Who does our success depend on?
- The myth of a single corporate culture.
- Understanding the natural inter-department roadblocks.
- Building teamwork. Motivation outside your department.
- Conflict resolution. Meeting and action plan strategies.
- Structure and policies to eliminate friction points.
Module 11 – Managing in a Changing Environment
- Understanding change.
- Avoiding inertia.
- Responding to customer and market dynamics.
- How to get your team to thrive in a changing environment.
- Automotive industry trends.
- Compensation / pay plans for a new reality.
Module 12 – Train the Trainer - Transitions
- Understanding the client’s buying plan.
- The client is not following our selling plan! Help!
- Where do our salespeople get off track in the sales process?
- Training your team on the transitions.
- Coaching the transitions. How do we know when there is a problem?
- Higher closing ratios without aggressive closing.
- Giving the client everything they want.
Module 13 – High Performance Teams
- How to build daily/weekly/monthly work plans for our sales consultants.
- Putting the action in the action plan.
- Building the framework and setting expectations for success.
- High performance goal setting.
- Creating a high production, winning atmosphere.
Module 14 – Acquiring Used in a Retail Market
- How the winner at the auction is the “most wrong”
- Strategies and process to successfully find and buy-in the best used inventory.
- The buy-in as a selling process. Maximizing gross profit and generating new clients.
- How to train our salespeople to be proactive and effective sources of used inventory.
Module 15 – Sales Process New Realities
- Does our sales process work for the highly informed buyer?
- How do we deal with a market place where consumers have so much information?
- How have customers expectations changed – or have they?
- Are our traditional approaches to price, trade, and monthly payment still relevant to today’s buyer?
Module 16 – What about the other 80%
- If we are highly successful and our team averages 20% closing ratio...what about the other 80%?
- Coaching our people on how to get prospects back to the dealership.
- Proactive follow-up strategies workshop.
- How should sales management track this activity?
Module 17 – CSI is Worthless - Customer Loyalty is Priceless
- How much is our customer worth?
- Are we chasing surveys or building loyalty?
- Taking price out the buying decision.
- How to WOW!
- How to put the relationship in CRM.
- The goldmine at your backdoor.
Module 18 – Used vs. Service Department
- Problem solving workshop with general management/used car management/service dept. management as mandatory attendees from each dealership.
- Strategies to make peace and end the interdepartmental wars over scheduling/reconditioning policy/comebacks.
- Streamline procedures to create faster turn on used inventory and reduce repetitive decision making.
- Use reconditioning to build efficiency and flexibility in our service department workflow.